Why do I need to know about asbestos in my property?
- The UK Health & Safety Executive say that Asbestos is the single biggest occupational killer in the UK.
- If your building was constructed before 1999 it could contain asbestos.
- Asbestos is a hidden material, you have to do more than just look at it to know if it asbestos.
- The chances are that you’re living or working with Asbestos and will not know it.
- Our surveys identify positively if there is asbestos in your building and if there is, we’ll tell you what your options are for dealing with it. This could be to safely remove it or safely contain it knowing it won’t be disturbed.
Anything else I should know about Asbestos?
- The HSE made it a legal requirement under the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 to have an up to date asbestos management plan in place if you are the person responsible for:
- maintaining a non-domestic property
- maintaining the communal areas in a multiple-occupancy domestic property
- If you are you are a domestic householder, you want peace of mind knowing that your family is not exposed to this potential killer material.
Why CSS Asbestos Services?
- We have Consultant Surveyors in Manchester who you can talk to directly and who can advise you clearly on your next steps.
- CSS Asbestos Services are accredited for asbestos surveying by UKAS
- UKAS is The United Kingdom Accreditation Service, the only accreditation body recognised by the British government to assess the competence of organisations that provide certification, testing, inspection, calibration services.
- We are rigorously inspected every year by UKAS on an announced and unannounced basis.
- CSS holds accreditations with the leading construction industry bodies including Construction-line, ATAC and CHAS. These organisations set high standards which we have to demonstrate we can meet.
Who do we work for and what do we do?
- Commercial and domestic property owners, manager and tenants across the North West.
- We carry out all types of asbestos surveys and services in Greater Manchester and provide our clients with industry leading user-friendly reports.
- Our highly qualified and experienced team are also able to take a consultancy or project management role in providing expert advice re the continuing management or removal of asbestos found on your property.